The M&A Authority
Deal Lawyers consists of more than 75 Practice Areas.
Deal Lawyers provides a wide range of resources for M&A practitioners addressing federal and state laws, regulations, guidance and judicial decisions impacting public and private mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other corporate transactions. We provide up-to-date, practical guidance and news on the latest M&A developments.
Our resources include:
- 75+ comprehensive practice areas addressing antitrust law, antitakeover provisions, appraisal rights, break-up fees, controlling shareholders, federal and state disclosure issues, fiduciary duties, hostile deals, letters of intent, LBOs, private equity, post-acquisition disputes, spin-offs, transaction insurance and many more topics
- Daily blogs addressing the latest M&A developments
- A growing inventory of more than 100 webcasts (including transcripts) featuring some of the nation’s most prominent M&A lawyers covering a variety of cutting-edge M&A topics
- A Q&A Discussion Forum where M&A lawyers can share ideas and practice tips regularly
- Our “John Tales” members-only blog with stories aimed to educate and entertain
- Supplemental resources include our newest publication, “The Practical M&A Treatise”
- Subscribers to our Deal Lawyers print newsletter can also find the current issue and a comprehensive archive of our previous issues
Deal University Workshop
Deal University Workshop is the premier training program to help new attorneys grow as practitioners and develop their skills in M&A. All lessons are presented in a down-to-earth way and available in multiple formats, 24/7.
Get up to speed on the latest M&A topics in as little as 15 minutes!
What Clients Say
Who we are
The Editors of Deal Lawyers are Broc Romanek and John Jenkins, who also serve as Editors for TheCorporateCounsel.net and other sister sites. Broc has served as assistant general counsel at a Fortune 50 company, was in the Office of Chief Counsel of the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance, acted as Counselor to former SEC Commissioner Unger and was in private practice. John is a partner in the Cleveland office of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP, where he advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions and SEC compliance and corporate matters.